Monday, August 4, 2008

Why do they do this to me????

So it seems like everyone feels that this is the time that they need to move on with their lives and that means that they are all leaving!!! A guy who I consider to be one of my best friends decided that he wanted to do something more with his life so he took the LSAT and started applying to law schools. That is great and I am glad that he wants to do more with his life, but when he told me that he was going to be moving to Omaha NE to continue it, I started to cry!!! Why oh why is he moving so far away from me!!!???? I mean really, there are plenty of good schools that are closer, two really good ones in Utah as a matter of fact. One at BYU ( he was not so inclined to go there.....) and then the Uof U, where he wanted to go but got wait listed. So his two top choices were Creighton University or the University of Miami. Both oh so far!!! So now I am sadly counting down the days till I have to say good bye to him. I know that day will be one of the hardest days that I have had to experiance in a while. I am trying to keep myself positive in the fact that he is from West Valley so he will come home for holidays etc, and he said I am more than welcome to fly out and visit whenever I want to, but still!!!

Then I just found out today, that a girl that I work with, who has become a dear friend to me, is moving to Idaho Falls in the next few months bc her husband got a great job offer there. Granted that is not as far away as Omaha, but it is still 4 hours, and the fact that I wont get to see her every day at work makes me sad. I know it is an opportunity that her and her husband have been praying for, but I am sad that it has to come now, when no one was really expecting it. But the best of luck to her, she will do ok, and there is always facebook to stay in touch!!! ;)

I have also had some good girlfriends leave to serve missions in the past year. I am glad that they are choosing to serve, but sad that of course they have to leave for 18 months, but what do you do? Cant stop them from doing what they want! Boo Hoo Hoo!!!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

I'm staying here, Brooke my dear! Although I'm sad that so many good friends are leaving you... especially the work friend. I will miss her dearly too! We'll have to take a road trip to go visit her sometime... after she moves of course!

Mindy said...

:( I am sorry, Brookie! I love yer guts!!!!